Saturday, July 9, 2011

guacamole


We eat a lot of guacamole.  It is seriously one of my all time favorite foods.  I stumbled across the key ingredient last year and by special request, have decided to share it with you.  Becky.

The key is one simple thing.  Ortega guacamole mix.  Ah-maz-ing...

I hope you enjoy this as much as I do!

Aqui están los ingredientes:


1 packet of Ortega Guacamole Mix.  The only place I know that carries this is Super Target...

2 ripe avocados

1 ripe tomato

1/2 an onion

How to make this:

The smart ass in me wants to say chop up the shit and mix it together, but the good blogger in me decided to show you how it's done...

1.  Peel the avocado and remove the seed.  This is easiest done with a large chef's knife.  After you half the avocado, you lightly put the knife into the seed and twist.  The seed will stay on the knife and come cleanly from the avocado.


2.  Empty the contents of the avocados into a small bowl.  It is best to use a spoon.  It really allows you to get the entire thing out easily.


3.  Mash up the avocado using the spoon or a fork, whichever you prefer, and add the seasoning packet.  Mix together.


4.  Dice up tomatoes and onions.  Add to the avocado mixture and stir together.



5.  Enjoy with your favorite tortilla chips, or make them yourself like I do.  That is another very easy thing to do and I'll be sure to post them next time I make them too.  Feliz comiendo!


No comments:

Post a Comment