Sunday, June 26, 2011

berry sangria spritzer


I have made this for a long time now and although I call it Sangria, it really is more of a spritzer.  I make this a gallon pitcher at a time and it will last me all week and then some.  Of course if I'm having a particularly shit week and then it will last about 2 days...Even though it is a lighter version of a usually strong drink, don't let that fool you, it packs quite a punch!  Already feeling a little buzzed...thank God for spell check!

Here are the ingredients:





1 bottle of inexpensive red wine.  I like a Cab for this.  It tends to be a little sweeter than a Merlot.  

1 2-liter bottle of Canada Dry Ginger Ale.  Now do not cheap out on this.  This is the best ginger ale out there.  The rest are crap.

1 small bag each of frozen strawberries, raspberries and blueberries.

A gallon pitcher to mix it all up in.

How to make this:

It's so difficult.  I don't think you can handle it...It took me YEARS to perfect this.  YEARS!!!!!

1.  Get pitcher.

2.  Pour frozen berries into pitcher, all of them.

3.  Pour bottle of wine into pitcher, all of it.


4.  Top off with ginger ale until the pitcher is full.


5.  Stir.

Voila!  You have Berry Sangria Spritzer.  I suggest leaving it in the fridge overnight because the fruit gets saturated with the wine and it's extra good, but you can drink this right away, like I've been...

Also, you can make a gazillion versions of this.  Just grab some frozen fruit and any kind of wine.  I like white wine with mango, pineapple and peaches a lot too.  So yum and perfect for hot summer nights!


Drink up peeps and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment