Thursday, June 30, 2011

macadamia crusted mahi mahi


I am not a huge fish person, especially since I eat vegetarian 95% of the time, but I felt up for an adventure while I was at Whole Foods this week.  I have never tried Mahi Mahi and the guy at the counter swore I would like it.  I have to say, he was right.  It is a really nice, mild fish and this was extra fresh, not at all fishy...

I made a decision this week to try and make a few more low-cal meals.  Mr. Mc is on a diet and I could lose a few as well.  I found this recipe on www.weightwatchers.com and though it might be good.  I'm so glad I did.

And now for your viewing pleasure, the ingredients:



1 pound of Mahi Mahi.

3 TBSP Macadamia Nuts

1/4 cup of Panko Breadcrumbs

3 TBSP Cilantro

1 Egg White

Salt & Pepper, to taste

How to make this:

1.  Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.  Spray a baking pan with non-stick spray and place in the oven to heat up.

2.  Clean up the Mahi Mahi if you didn't buy individual pieces.  I bought a whole, fresh piece of fish.  If you do this, you need to clean out the blood line as it can be bitter.  No, I did not know this prior to buying the Mahi Mahi, I learned it on You Tube.

3.  Put the macadamia nuts, bread crumbs and cilantro into a food processor, like so...


4.  Turn the food processor on for about 10-15 seconds until the mixture is chopped and looks like this.


5.  After the breading is done, pour it into a bowl.  Separate out the egg white into a separate bowl.  Set up a breading station and sprinkle your fish with salt.


6.  Dip the fish into the egg white, taking care to thoroughly coat it.


7.  Then dip the fish into the nut/breadcrumb mixture.


When you are done it will look like this...


8.  When both pieces are done, remove pan from oven and place fish into pan.


9.  Bake at 450 degrees for 10-12 minutes or until the fish is white and somewhat firm.  Serve immediately and enjoy!


1 comment:

  1. Looks like a wonderful recipe, love this when we are out and have not been able to find it lately.

    ReplyDelete